Provides one-step treatment that destroys old rust and prevents new rust. Just brush or spray on. Within minutes, rust is replaced by a durable black polymer coating that may be painted. Excellent protective primer. Specially formulated to be used with body filler and fiberglass. Can be used when temperature is between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32°C) and on surfaces which do not exceed 200°F (93°C). Aerosol.
Suggested Applications: Encapsulates rust on automotive applications; trucks, trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, fences, guard rails, bulkheads, overheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine paint), agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, snow removal equipment.
Suggested Applications: Destroys rust on all truck applications; trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, snow removal equipment, etc.
Suggested Applications: Destroys rust on trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, bulkheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine equipment, plows, tractor)
Coverage: 20 ft.2 (1.86m2)
- Use gloves to prevent staining of hands.
- Scrape or wipe off dirt and oil. Sand with coarse (50 grit) sandpaper or wire brush.
- Shake well before using. Pour a small amount of Rust Treatment into a separate disposable container. Do not return unused material to bottle,or dip the applicator into the original bottle, contents may be prematurely activated.
- Brush or sponge on a thin layer using long thin strokes. Try to contain RustTreatment to rusted area being treated as product will stain surrounding paint.Remove splatters with detergent and water immediately.
- A black coating will begin to appear in15-30 minutes. Apply a second thin coat within 20 minutes, to produce a uniform color.
- Allow 24 hours protected from moisture before applying paint. Acrylic latex finish paints require a solvent-based primer/sealer before painting. Lacquer/enamel base paints may be used without a primer.
- Clean brushes and other tools immediately after use with detergent and water