A structural adhesive designed for general purpose bonding of a wide variety of material such as hard and soft plastics to specified surfaces. Forms a tough, durable bond to most plastics, composites, ceramics, wood in any combination. Fast curing product with gelling of mixed adhesive in 5 6 minutes and fixturing in 9 10 minutes. NOTE: Will not bond most polyethylene or polypropylene plastics. Bonds hard and soft plastics to specified surfaces. Requires no primers, sets in five minutes at room temperature. Cream appearance. Gap filling to 0.125 inch. Water resistant and good chemical resistance. Temperature range -60°F to 250°F (-51°C to 121°C). Permanent strength up to 3500 PSI.
Suggested Applications: Bonds rigid materials including ABS, acrylic, fiberglass, FRP, glass, PVC, SMC, steel, styrene, vinyl, and wood. Use for interior trim, fills cracks, bonds most plastics, and bonds plastic to vinyl.
- PROTECT: Work area must be protected from accidental spills.
- CLEAN: Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of grease and oil.
- PREPARE: Roughen smooth surfaces (using abrasives or sandpaper)
- OPEN PACKAGE: Remove syringe. Using a sharp blade, cut off tips of both nozzles.
- DISPENSE: Depress plunger to dispense Part A and Part B. Mix thoroughly on a clean, discardable surface for 2 to 3 minutes until evenly colored.
- APPLICATION: Apply a small amount of mixture to both surfaces and assemble parts immediately (working time is approximately 5 min.). Remove any excess Plastic Weld immediately.
- CURE TIME: Usable strength is reached in four hours at 72°F (22°C). Cooler temperature may require longer set time.
- CLEAN-UP: Attach nozzle cap and store in molded tray. NOTE: Adhesive will not bond most polyethyleneor polypropylene plastics.