Level 3 Post Emulsifiable Fluorescent Penetrant
Post-emulsifiable ZL-27A is a Level 3, high-sensitivity Type 1 penetrant designed for inspections which require maximum process control and reliability, such as safety-critical aerospace testing.
Since ZL-27A is not water soluble, there is minimal risk of this penetrant being removed from a fine or shallow defect through over-washing to provide the highest reliability of any penetrant inspection method.
ZL-27A has a high flash point and provides long tank life when used in open dip tanks, but this penetrant can also be applied in a variety of other ways, including electrostatic spray.
To remove surface ZL-27A penetrant before developer application, use ZE-4E Method B lipophilic emulsifier or ZR-10E Method D hydrophilic emulsifier can be used.
ZL-27A is listed on the QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List and is approved for use by Pratt & Whitney.
Improve indication detection
- Clear, bright indications are easier to detect due to high UV and thermal stability – even for small flaws and discontinuities
- Indications stand out more since background fluorescence is minimized; emulsifiers only remove surface penetrant without the risk of over-washing
Maximize penetrant inspection process control
- Prevents over-washing since ZL-27A cannot be removed with water (unless combined with an emulsifier)
- PE penetrant system is less susceptible to human error since only surface penetrant is removed in the final rinse stage
Wide range of inspections
- Inspect a wide range of high-value components without fear of corrosion or specification non-conformance
- Meets all major industry and NDT specification requirements, including Aerospace Prime and OEM specs, AMS 2644 and ISO 3452