Why CRC URETHANE ISOLATION RED is important ?
CRC Urethane Coats provides an air curing conformal urethane type coating that insulates electrical/electronic equipment, seals out water and moisture and acts as a barrier for contaminants. CRC Urethane Coats dry fast and adhere well. After curing they form a highly flexible film which is durable and resistant to abrasion and contaminants.
• Available in clear or red formulations:
– Clear: contains U.V.- fluorescent dye for easier quality control
– Red: provides additional corrosion resistance
• Dries quickly to a durable, flexible and non- conductive film.
• Excellent electrical characteristics:
– High dielectric strength
– High surface and volume resistivity
• Effective temperature range of – 40°C to + 120°C.
• Abrasion-resistant insulator for electrical/electronic equipment and components.
• Specifications : * NSN 5970-01-017-5738.
Applications for CRC Urethane Isolation Red:
Urethane Clear – protective coating for:
• Printed circuit boards
Urethane Red or Clear – coating for:
• Electric motor winding’s
• Armature coils
• Commutator ends
• Transformer connectors
• Bus bars
Directions for CRC Urethane Isolation Red:
• Clean and de-grease surface thoroughly before application (use one of the CRC precision cleaners or Lectra Clean as appropriate).
• Shake aerosol can well; red formulation contains an agitator ball for pigment dispersion. Stir or mix bulk product to homogenize. Repeat while using. Petroleum solvents (white spirit) may be used to dilute the bulk product to the required viscosity and film thickness.
• Apply in light, even coats. Best results are obtained with 2 (or even more) lighter rather than 1 heavy coat. Additional coats can be applied when first coat is solvent dry (approx. 120 min). For maximum adhesion, 2nd coat must be applied within 48 hours.
• Due to slow cross linking reaction, room temperature curing can take several days. Accelerated curing can be accomplished by baking at 60°C during 24 hours. Under those conditions cure for handling is reached in 2 to 3 hours.
• For dipping applications it is advised to cover the bath when not in use and to prevent skin formation by keeping air out (e.g. by nitrogen blanketing). Rags or filters heavily contaminated with these products should be protected from auto-ignition by soaking with water or cleaning (e.g. with CRC Lectra Clean).
• When finished spraying, clear valve by turning can upside down and pressing button until only propellant escapes. If clogging occurs, remove button and clean orifices with fine wire.
• If necessary remove with CRC Lectra Clean (if curing has only started) or CRC Gasket Remover (for fully cured films).
• Do not use on energized equipment. Use in well ventilated area.
• A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.