CRC Crick 110 500 ml Solvent Cleaner
Quick drying solvent cleaner/de-greaser and excess penetrant remover for the nondestructive testing of metal surfaces by liquid penetrant inspection. Many cracks in engineering materials can be deep in spite of having a very small opening width on the surface and can cause very serious defects. By normal visual inspection such
cracks may be very difficult to detect, but penetrant flaw detection is an extension of the visual inspection method. The control is carried out using 3 products: Crick 110 (cleaner), Crick 120 (penetrant) and Crick 130 (developer). Crick 110 is a fast drying, powerful degreasing solvent blend free of 1,1,1-trichloroethane or
other chlorinated solvents for the removal of dirt, grime and contaminants. Designed for the pre-treatment of the surface, prior to liquid penetrant inspection and to remove all visible, colored traces of the penetrant.
The following are the features of CRC Crick 110
• Quickly dissolves grease, oil, lubricants, tar and adhesives.
• Effective wash-away of contaminants and colored penetrant.
• Fast evaporation to minimize downtime.
• Leaves no residue.
• Stable, non-staining and non-corrosive.
• Safe on most plastics, coatings and rubbers (test prior to use).
• Aerosol is equipped with an ‘accusol’ for added convenience.
• Pressurized with non-flammable CO2 propellant, giving an active product content of over 97%.
• Halogen content tested according to ASME Section V, art 6.
The following are the applications of CRC Crick 110
Non-destructive inspection of materials, parts, assemblies, equipment, surfaces or
• Cracks, lack of fusion and open cavities in welded parts.
• Cracks and cavities caused by metal fatigue and cutting operations.
• Check of porosity or leaks in pipes, tanks, boilers, heat exchangers.
• Discontinuities, laps, folds and cracks in castings, forgings and ceramics.
A safety data sheet (MSDS) according to EC Regulation N° 1907/2006 Art.31 and
amendments is available for all CRC products.