Chemico Grinding Paste
Chemico Grinding Paste has a lithium grease base, specifically formulated and manufactured solely for Chemico Sales & Overseas Ltd. The high-viscosity, high-temperature lubricant provides inherent shear stability, that is the lubricant remains in place during the grinding operation for the most efficient grinding together with inherent corrosion protection and good sealing properties.
Silicon carbide is one of the hardest abrasives known and the particles are especially sharp. Moreover they are brittle and tend to break up into smaller particles that still retain their sharpness and so continue to work efficiently. Silicon Carbide is milled to provide the graded particles in each type of grinding compound. The five grades enable the optimum Chemico Grinding Paste for each operation to be selected for the most efficient grinding.
General Engineering. Tool making. Lapping, grinding and seating valves in engines. Hone cylinders, lap out score marks and remove burrs on metal. Lap shafts into bearings. Lap nuts into bolts. Lap cylinder heads, connecting rod and crankshaft bearings
- Remove rust and grime from outboard motor propeller shafts and boat trailers.
- Sharpening blades for cylinder lawn mowers, hedge cutters, scissors and shears.
Always consult manufacturer’s handbook/manual before commencing any operation and follow instructions given fully. The above is supplied for information and is based on laboratory and practical experience. In view of the wide range of applications and conditions of use no liability is accepted for any loss or accident which occur from its use or application
Directions for use of Chemico Valve Grinding Paste
Always consult manufacturer’s handbook/manual for instructions and follow these carefully.
Otherwise for seating valves:
- Apply a small amount of paste to valve seat
- Avoid contact of the grinding paste with the valve stem and guide
- Grind the valve in the normal manner until a uniform seat of the desired appearance is obtained
- If the seat is badly pitted, first use a coarser grade paste then trim with the fine grade
- When a satisfactory seat has been obtained, clean off well and degrease with a suitable solvent such as paraffin before valve reassembly
The coarser the grit the harsher the grind, i.e. more scoring