A 2-part hand-applied epoxy coating designed to provide long-term corrosion and chemical resistance to equipment operating in continuous immersion at temperatures up to 160°C (320°F). This coating has a long overcoat window and its cold curing mechanism with full in service cure reduces downtime and ensures rapid return of equipment to service.
This solvent-free coating is easy to mix and apply without the need for specialist tools, ensuring a simple and safe application in confined areas.
- Outstanding corrosion protection of high temperature equipment, suitable for continuous immersion in water and hydrocarbon mixtures up to 160°C (320°F)
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals including hydrocarbons and amines
- 2-coat application without the need for flash blasting between coats
- Very light colours allowing easy inspection in dark vessels
- Application and cure at room temperature – no hot work involved
- Solvent-free material allowing it to be safely applied in confined areas
- Reduces downtime due to its innovative post-cure mechanism activated at service temperatures – no separate post-cure needed
- Withstands steam-out process up to 210°C (410°F) and rapid depressurisation
- Excellent adhesion to metal surfaces and high retention of adhesion at elevated temperatures
Applications for Belzona 1593 include:
- High temperature epoxy coating for oil and gas production equipment such as separators, flare knock-out vessels and evaporators operating under immersion
- Corrosion protection against a variety of chemicals in high temperature equipment including boiler vessels, condensers and heat exchangers