A 2-part high temperature epoxy coating system designed to resist water, aqueous solutions and hydrocarbons up to a temperature of 180°C (356°F) in immersion. Belzona 1591 (Ceramic XHT) exhibits excellent erosion and corrosion resistance at high temperatures through a unique binary curing mechanism. This allows the application and initial cure at room temperature with additional higher temperature resistance being achieved in service through post curing.
This solvent-free coating is easy to mix and apply without the need for specialist tools, ensuring a simple and safe application in confined areas.
- High temperature resistance, suitable for full immersion in water/hydrocarbon mixtures up to 180°C (356°F)
- Excellent erosion and corrosion resistance
- Resistant to high pressures
- Application and cure at room temperature – no hot work involved
- Binary curing mechanism removes the need for extensive post cure prior to entering service.
- Solvent-free allowing it to be applied safely in confined areas
- Ease of application to either new-build or existing vessels combined with easy repair in-situ in the event of damage
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel and specialist alloys
Applications for Belzona 1591 (Ceramic XHT) include
- High temperature epoxy coating for process vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, clarifiers and scrubber units
- Repair of damaged linings on equipment operating at high temperatures including glass flake and other epoxy coatings
- Linings for pump casings, valves and other equipmen